Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC)

WASFA Eligibility Criteria

Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA)


Washington State financial aid applicants should only submit one financial aid application (FAFSA or WASFA) per academic year. If you have already completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) you do not need to complete a WASFA.



The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) administers state financial aid programs, and the Washington Application for State Financial Aid or WASFA. The Council is committed to providing opportunities and support to ensure every Washington student is able to pursue education beyond high school.

A third party application servicer, Regent Education Inc., hosts the WASFA application for the state of Washington.

Regarding concerns that students, parents, and other partners may have about the confidentiality of information submitted on the WASFA, the purpose of the application is to provide eligibility information to colleges and universities in Washington that offer Washington College Grant. WSAC shares application information with campuses listed by the student so those schools may determine eligibility for resident tuition and financial aid. Regent Education Inc. and college campuses are not permitted to use the information for other purposes or share the data with other parties.

WSAC is committed to protecting the confidentiality of the information and privacy of students and families. Washington is a state committed to providing opportunities to students and protecting the rights of families.


To complete the WASFA, you will need:

  • Your income information. This includes bank statements, a W-2 or pay stub and/or federal income tax return.
    • If you filed a federal tax return, use tax return information from two years prior to the award year. FOR EXAMPLE, for the 2023-24 application cycle, you must use information from your 2021 tax return. If you did not file a federal tax return, report the income earned in 2021.
  • Additional financial information – such as child support statements, TANF or welfare information, real estate, stocks or bonds investments, family business or farm info.
  • Your Social Security card or I-797 Form, if you have current or expired DACA status. (Optional)
  • If you are a dependent student (most students under 24 years old), you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s). 

Are you eligible to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or have you already submitted a FAFSA?